A Baconised Pea & Ham soup with Mint Oil drizzle. This is devine, lovely smooth long flavour notes and the sweet freshness of the peas really rocks it. From a Chicken?
- 2 litres reducing to 1 litre - Dark Dubh’ya (minced Piggery-Smokery Dark Dubhloch Bacon or any of our produce would be good - PepperBack Finn you get the idea we can sell you Yummy End Bits - ideal stock makers) – minute traces of Gluten
- Bacon stock (Carrot, Onion, Bay Leaves, Peppercorns).
- Small bottle of Mint Oil – Blanch a good handful of baby mint leaves, a mean a good bunch, grab it, for 20 seconds in boiling water, cool in ice and remove and dry. Add to 100mls of neutral oil (grapeseed) and blend in food zinger. Pour into jar and store.
- Dark Dubh’ya (minced Piggery-Smokery Dark Dubhloch Bacon) – minute traces of Gluten
- 1 x knob unsalted dairy butter Dairy
- 2 x shallots sliced thin
- 1 x garlic clove crushed
- 1 x bag of frozen Peas (Petit Pois ideally)
This recipe will take 15 minutes to cook, assuming stock is pre-made.
- Wash hands and dry thoroughly.
- Make bacon stock by putting Dark Dubhloch joint – 500gms in 2 litres of boiling water along with carrot and red onion and simmer for a good 2 hours. Turn off heat and cool c/w joint in the broth. Once cool pull some of the joint apart and leave to the side or make up a stock from cubes.
- Fry off onion in neutral oil (Grapeseed) add garlic and the Dark Dubh’ya, fry couple minutes longer.
- Add stock and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add all but a handful of peas, stir.
- Turn off heat.
- Add contents to kitchen zinger and pulp to a thick soup.
- Serve in warm bowls with a couple of defrosted peas as garnish and a couple of drops of Mint oil and garnish with a fried bread bacon kebab