Dead easy give it a bash. Here's how:
Ingredients - Sauce
- A good handful of PepperBack Finn Lardons
- Some cream cheese / mascarpone
- Some local hard cheese, grated
- A garlic clove crushed
Ingredients - Breasts
- Some PepperBack Finn Streaky to wrap around the breast
- Couple of great quality chicken breasts
This recipe will take 25 minutes to cook.
- Mix 'sauce' ingredients together and stick in the fridge to chill and harden up a bit
- Put chicken breast between 2 cutting boards and beat the top of the board with your hand - they'll spread out into an escalope
- Fire up your oven to 180 deg C
- Layer some PepperBack Finn Streaky rashers on your cooking top so they'll eventually form a wee blanket
- Put your Chicken escalope on top of the bacon rashers
- Next get your chilled sauce mix and spread on one side of the breast
- Roll up the breast using the underlying streaky rashers to form a parcel.
- Secure with a cocktail stick to keep its shape
- Fry the breast in some oil on a medium heat for about 5 minutes
- Transfer to a pizza stone or a cooking tray and stick in the oven for about 10 minutes or until the bacon is cooked and crispy and the chicken is tender and juicy inside
- Serve with peas and maybe some home made pasta
Suggested listening is Broken Down Angel - by Nazareth.